Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server handled by a hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a look at these. Doing so, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various providers, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage packages frequently include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly unsuitable explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would share the load between individual groups of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a big amount of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to handling your e-mailbox accounts. Some companies provide web site hosting services for sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you want to create an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to own as many video clips as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email aliases, upload video files, etc. At WorldWiredWebHosting.com, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared with the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for specific content solely.